Monday, December 5, 2011

Howdy

   The books have been out for awhile. Down home is listed on Amazon and Solstice Publishing and On My Own is only listed at Lulu.com so far. I hate to say it but it looks like  outside of a very narrow audience their just not going to be very popular. I think that at least part of the problem is that they are both overpriced. I knew Lulu being a print on demand place was going to end up being expensive but I thought I'd go ahead and give it a try. The disappointing part was that I didn't know that Solstice was also going to send Down Home to the same type of publisher. I thought Solstice was a real publisher and they would do the print books themselves. Their contract says the book will be published first as an E-Book and later as a print book. I have no problem with the E-Book. A lot of people are getting the readers nowadays, hell, I even have one myself. But I still enjoy the feel of a real printed book in my hands and I believe a lot of other people do also. The problem with Solstice is they don't tell you they use a POD Publisher. The first I heard of it was when the print version came up on Amazon and had Createspace listed as the publisher. I guess my dream was for anyone to be able to walk into a bookstore and pick up a copy but unfortunately, that's not going to happen. I do want everyone to know that if you think the books aren't interesting enough to pay the price that the online people are asking I don't blame you at all, I'm not sure I'd pay their price even knowing it's my own book!
   I regret now not just keeping on adding my stories to this blog at least there seemed to be a lot of interest in them while I was doing that. Now that I have the contract with Solstice I can't add the new ones that are in the book. I did really enjoy checking to see who all had been checking this blog out and being totally amassed at all the different countries that were represented here.
   I still enjoy trying to put a few stories on here and as long as I think I can get a smile out of someone I'll keep working at it. There might be a little space between them for awhile. But if you can bear with me I'll see what I can come up with.
Thanks
Bud

No comments:

Post a Comment